29 May 2010

indispensible

After finally finishing up my magnetism project I was looking forward to enjoying a great duel of Weave and King Felix and later writing a lengthy post on Kaz's struggles last night. It wasn't meant to be.

First, FOX decided to air the Cubs-Cardinals in the Bay Area and then Aybar decided to revert to his risky, wild fielding. But I was amazed and happy to hear Terry's excited voice describe Kendry's game-winning hit. But we all know how that really ended.

I couldn't stick around after the game, but the whole time I was thinking "How bad is it that they had to cart him off?" I couldn't convince myself it was a simple sprain - I've had bad ankle sprains before. Nevertheless, the truth is devastating.

Torii's HBP was scary, no doubt. But if there was one player who is absolutely irreplacable on the Angels roster, it is Kendry.

I can't say what the Angels can or should do, but I hope that they don't give up on this season as easily as some in the halosphere. Let's all grieve today and come back tomorrow with some better perspective.

As discouraged I've been this season, I still believe in this team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are offensive will be deleted. No profanity and please be civil. Disagreement is accepted, as long as you back it up with a reason.